The resources located here are suitable for all forms of the Pearson BTEC Computing Science. The only difference is the lack of units as this is aimed at the units performed in the Extended Certificate.
The following units that are mandatory in the Extended Certificate are:
- Unit 1 – Principles of Computer Science (Exam Based Unit)
- Unit 2 – Fundamentals of Computer Systems (Exam Based Unit) [Resources Discontinued. Exam Cancelled due to COVID-19]
- Unit 7 – IT Systems Security and Encryption (Coursework Based Unit)
There are also a list of optional units that can be taken:
- Human-computer Interaction
- Digital Graphics and Animation
- Computer Games Development
- Website Development
The Optional Unit that I am taking is ‘Website Development’. This is also a Coursework Based Unit.
The following resources will include guideline information that follows the Pearson’s original specification and the updated 2018 version.
This can be found here:
The main source of information referenced to design these resources come from the following textbooks:
- Pearson BTEC National Computing Student Book
- Pearson BTEC National Computing Revision Guide
- Essential Algorithms by Craig and David
Download PDF Textbooks:
- Unit One | Principles of Computer Science [Includes Mark-schemes]
1,208 total views, 3 views today